Linux-Bluetooth Archive on lore.kernel.org
* mesh: scan params specify random address, but no random address set
@ 2020-01-11 14:09 Steve Brown
From: Steve Brown @ 2020-01-11 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

I'm using the Zephyr hci implementation on a bt dongle. It complains
that no random address is set when scan enable is sent.

My RPi doesn't care if a random address is set or not.

Steve

btmon says:

      LE Set Scan Parameters (0x08|0x000b) ncmd 1

* RE: mesh: scan params specify random address, but no random address set
@ 2020-01-13  7:30 ` Jamie Mccrae
From: Jamie Mccrae @ 2020-01-13  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Brown, linux-bluetooth

> I'm using the Zephyr hci implementation on a bt dongle. It complains
> that no random address is set when scan enable is sent.
>
> My RPi doesn't care if a random address is set or not.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,
You need an address set because of directed advertising. You need to update your zephyr project to include a random, address, this is covered quite extensively on the zephyr documentation and discussions for Nordic chipsets.
Thanks,
Jamie
THIS MESSAGE, ANY ATTACHMENT(S), AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE PROPRIETARY TO LAIRD CONNECTIVITY, INC. AND/OR ANOTHER PARTY, AND MAY FURTHER BE INTENDED TO BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE DELETE THE EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENTS, AND IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER BY RETURN EMAIL. THIS MESSAGE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE THE PROPERTY OF LAIRD CONNECTIVITY, INC. AND MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF LAIRD CONNECTIVITY, INC.