linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* mesh-cfgclient Node is not attached
@ 2020-02-20  7:27 Mahaboob Nazeer SK
From: Mahaboob Nazeer SK @ 2020-02-20  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

I was trying to provision a node using a mesh-cfgclient.

I have successfully ran create and i was able to get configuration
files in the .config.

[mesh-cfgclient]# create
Mesh network configuration exists (/home/nazeer/.config/meshcfg/config_db.json)

After that i have tried to discover the unprovisioned node but i get
Node is not attached message.

[mesh-cfgclient]# discover-unprovisioned on
Node is not attached
[mesh-cfgclient]#

Could you please let me know if weather there are some
more steps involved to discover and provision a node or if am missing somethings.

Thank you.

* Re: mesh-cfgclient Node is not attached
@ 2020-02-20 19:00 ` Gix, Brian
From: Gix, Brian @ 2020-02-20 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nazeer.m, linux-bluetooth

Hi Mr Nazeer,

On Thu, 2020-02-20 at 08:27 +0100, Mahaboob Nazeer SK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to provision a node using a mesh-cfgclient.
>
> I have successfully ran create and i was able to get configuration
> files in the .config.
>
> [mesh-cfgclient]# create
> Mesh network configuration exists (/home/nazeer/.config/meshcfg/config_db.json)
>
> After that i have tried to discover the unprovisioned node but i get
> Node is not attached message.
>
> [mesh-cfgclient]# discover-unprovisioned on
> Node is not attached
> [mesh-cfgclient]#

The problem you describe is probably due to the daemon not finding an appropriate BT controller to attach to.
This led to the "Attach" failing after the "Create", and then none of the commands to the node are able to be
sent.

There are a couple of options here:

1. If you have a single BT Controller (v4 or newer) you will need to disable the main bluetooth daemon so that
the bluetooth-meshd daemon has access to it:
$ sudo systemctl disable bluetooth
$ sudo systemctl stop bluetooth

2. If you have *multiple* BT controllers, make sure the bluetooth daemon hasn't automatically claimed them all:
In /etc/bluetooth/main.conf, make sure AutoEnable=false (reboot may then be required)

In the future, we will be doing work to enable co-existance and controller sharing for single controller
systems. However, this will require some changes in the kernel.

> Could you please let me know if weather there are some
> more steps involved to discover and provision a node or if am missing somethings.
>
> Thank you.

Regards,

--Brian Gix

* Re: mesh-cfgclient Node is not attached
@ 2020-02-21  9:39 ` Mahaboob Nazeer SK
From: Mahaboob Nazeer SK @ 2020-02-21  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gix, Brian; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Brian,

That was helpful. Its working now,i am able to
discover the unprovisioned nodes.

Thank you.

On Thu, 2020-02-20 at 08:27 +0100, Mahaboob Nazeer SK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to provision a node using a mesh-cfgclient.
>
> I have successfully ran create and i was able to get configuration
> files in the .config.
>
> [mesh-cfgclient]# create
> Mesh network configuration exists (/home/nazeer/.config/meshcfg/config_db.json)
>
> After that i have tried to discover the unprovisioned node but i get
> Node is not attached message.
>
> [mesh-cfgclient]# discover-unprovisioned on
> Node is not attached
> [mesh-cfgclient]#

The problem you describe is probably due to the daemon not finding an appropriate BT controller to attach to.
This led to the "Attach" failing after the "Create", and then none of the commands to the node are able to be
sent.

There are a couple of options here:

1. If you have a single BT Controller (v4 or newer) you will need to disable the main bluetooth daemon so that
the bluetooth-meshd daemon has access to it:
$ sudo systemctl disable bluetooth
$ sudo systemctl stop bluetooth

2. If you have *multiple* BT controllers, make sure the bluetooth daemon hasn't automatically claimed them all:
In /etc/bluetooth/main.conf, make sure AutoEnable=false (reboot may then be required)

In the future, we will be doing work to enable co-existance and controller sharing for single controller
systems. However, this will require some changes in the kernel.

> Could you please let me know if weather there are some
> more steps involved to discover and provision a node or if am missing somethings.
>
> Thank you.

Regards,

--Brian Gix