* Errors after kernel panic not addressed during scrub or fsck.
@ 2019-02-18  1:33 nstgc379
From: nstgc379 @ 2019-02-18  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello,

I have an issue that I first experienced a few years back which was
never resolved. The timing was really bad so I just scrapped the
effected volume and made another, but I'd like to actually fix it now.

My system went down as the result of what I assume to be a kernel
panic. After rebooting I ran `dmesg |grep BTRFS` and found two lines
which concerned me.

    [    9.493064] BTRFS info (device sde3): bdev /dev/sde3 errs: wr
432, rd 0, flush 4, corrupt 8, gen 3
    [    3.086233] BTRFS info (device sde1): bdev /dev/sde1 errs: wr
5711892, rd 14399372, flush 104, corrupt 467, gen 2

I then scrubbed the effected volumes (both RAID1s), but no errors were
found. I've gotten messages like that before, and scrub normally
identifies that there are errors and fixes them. I then also tried
running `btrfs check --readonly` on the devices, but again the test
showed everything was okay.

Admittedly everything seems to be working.

$ uname -r
4.20.7-arch1-1-ARCH
$ btrfs --version
btrfs-progs v4.20.1
I don't have any journal logs as a result of the crash. `dmesg -l err`
doesn't show anything out of the ordinary (complaints about not using
ECC memory).

* Re: Errors after kernel panic not addressed during scrub or fsck.
@ 2019-02-18  1:51 ` Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2019-02-18  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nstgc379, linux-btrfs