* add subvolume when / is not mounted?
@ 2010-05-13 18:19 Andreas Philipp
From: Andreas Philipp @ 2010-05-13 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

Well, I do not know if here is the right place to ask questions like
this one so please tell me if it is not.
The situation is the following: btrfs (data and metadata single) on
/dev/sda3 (size 100GB) with two subvolumes /one and /two. Both
subvolumes are mounted to /mnt/one resp. /mnt/two. Is there a way to
create a third subvolume, say three outside of the two existing
subvolumes without mounting "the whole volume /dev/sda3" or even worse
unmounting the two subvolumes before?

Thanks,
Andreas

* Re: add subvolume when / is not mounted?
@ 2010-05-13 19:26 ` Josef Bacik
From: Josef Bacik @ 2010-05-13 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Philipp; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 08:19:21PM +0200, Andreas Philipp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I do not know if here is the right place to ask questions like
> this one so please tell me if it is not.
> The situation is the following: btrfs (data and metadata single) on
> /dev/sda3 (size 100GB) with two subvolumes /one and /two. Both
> subvolumes are mounted to /mnt/one resp. /mnt/two. Is there a way to
> create a third subvolume, say three outside of the two existing
> subvolumes without mounting "the whole volume /dev/sda3" or even worse
> unmounting the two subvolumes before?

At the moment no, you have to mount the default volume, or as you say "the whole
volume /dev/sda3", and then create the new subvolume three.  Thanks,

Josef