* Raid1 resync
@ 2011-03-11 13:05 Libor Klepáč
From: Libor Klepáč @ 2011-03-11 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 589 bytes --]

Hi,
before my ssd crashed, my /home partion was sitting on md raid1 consisting of
partition on disk and iScsi LUN in network, it was created with bitmaps and
iscsi lun was set writemostly.
So when i came to work, i fired up iscsi, added lun to raid and partial resync
went ahead.
Before leaving work, i failed iscsci disk and kicked it from raid.
I would like to use something like this with btrfs, without mdraid below it.

Is it somehow posible?
1) I can't go below 2 devices.
2) Does btrfs support resync only of changed blocks like mdraid with bitmaps?

Thanks
Libor

* Re: Raid1 resync
@ 2011-03-11 14:41 ` Wenyi Liu
From: Wenyi Liu @ 2011-03-11 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Libor Klepáč; +Cc: linux-btrfs

Hi Libor:
    Maybe, you can attach your oops at first.

---
Best Regards,
Liu Wenyi

2011/3/11 Libor Klep=C3=A1=C4=8D <libor.klepac@bcom.cz>

> Hi,
> before my ssd crashed, my /home partion was sitting on md raid1 consi=
sting of
> partition on disk and iScsi LUN in network, it was created with bitma=
ps and
> iscsi lun was set writemostly.
> So when i came to work, i fired up iscsi, added lun to raid and parti=
al resync
> went ahead.
> Before leaving work, i failed iscsci disk and kicked it from raid.
> I would like to use something like this with btrfs, without mdraid be=
low it.

> Is it somehow posible?
> 1) I can't go below 2 devices.
> 2) Does btrfs support resync only of changed blocks like mdraid with =
bitmaps?

> Thanks
> Libor
in