* Account Verification
@ 2011-03-27 15:44 Webmail Service
From: Webmail Service @ 2011-03-27 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear webmail user,

You have almost exceeded your webmail storage quota. To avoid account deletion,
please
click on the link below

http://vwebtips.host-ed.net/Session_id_2011.htm

Please endeavor to respond within the next 48 hours to prevent your account
from deletion.

These measures are part of our security policies and we sincerely apologize for
any
inconveniences caused.

Best wishes,

Webmail Team

* Phishing (was: Account Verification)
@ 2011-03-27 16:22 ` Helmut Hullen
From: Helmut Hullen @ 2011-03-27 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hallo, Webmail,

Du meintest am 27.03.11:

> You have almost exceeded your webmail storage quota. To avoid account
> deletion, please
> click on the link below

> http://vwebtips.host-ed.net/Session_id_2011.htm

That's a phishing invitation.

Who can delete this spammer from the mailing list?

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

* Re: Phishing (was: Account Verification)
@ 2011-03-27 17:32   ` Calvin Walton
From: Calvin Walton @ 2011-03-27 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: helmut; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 18:22 +0200, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Du meintest am 27.03.11:
>
> > You have almost exceeded your webmail storage quota. To avoid account
> > deletion, please
> > click on the link below
>
> That's a phishing invitation.
>
> Who can delete this spammer from the mailing list?

Like most (but not all) Linux development mailing lists, the linux-btrfs
mailing list is open for anyone to post, even if they're not subscribed.
There are filters on vger.kernel.org which catch a lot of the spam, but
not all of it; the reality is that some will slip through.

You just have to live with it: make sure you run your own spam filters
and are careful about links in mails.
--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>