* btrfs seed question
@ 2017-10-12  0:47 Joseph Dunn
From: Joseph Dunn @ 2017-10-12  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

After seeing how btrfs seeds work I wondered if it was possible to push
specific files from the seed to the rw device.  I know that removing
the seed device will flush all the contents over to the rw device, but
what about flushing individual files on demand?

I found that opening a file, reading the contents, seeking back to 0,
and writing out the contents does what I want, but I was hoping for a
bit less of a hack.

Is there maybe an ioctl or something else that might trigger a similar
action?

Thanks,
-Joseph