* [PULL REQUEST v2] btrfs-progs updates, the main part
@ 2019-04-16  2:23 Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2019-04-16  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Sterba, linux-btrfs

Hi David,

Here is my pull request for the btrfs-progs:
https://github.com/adam900710/btrfs-progs/tree/for_devel

The basis is the following commit from your devel branch:
commit cfa470d5a6b6b305fed4898b64db31c125b4dcbc (david/devel)
Author: Nikolay Borisov <nborisov@suse.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 11 12:20:56 2019 +0200

    btrfs-progs: Remove get_argv0_buf

The commit on the top is going to revert 7a12d8470e5f ("btrfs-progs: Do
metadata preallocation as long as we're not modifying extent tree").

You can drop that commit if you have discarded that commit.

The branch passes all selftests, except:
- misc/035
  Known bug as the fix is reverted.
- fuzz/003
- fuzz/009
  Not a regression, as stable tags also triggers them.
  BUG_ON() in commit_transaction get triggered due to ENOSPC.
  These two bugs will be addressed soon. but not in this pull.

This pull request include the following features:

Core change:
- check --repair
  * Flush/FUA support to avoid breaking metadata CoW
      Now btrfs-progs crashing or transaction aborted won't cause
      new transid error.

Fixes and Enhancement:
- generic
  * Try best copy when reading tree blocks.
  * Skip unnecessary retry when one tree block copy fails.
  * Avoid back tree block to populate tree block cache.
  * Don't BUG_ON() when failed to flush/write super blocks
- check
  * File extents repair no longer relies data in extent tree.
  * New ability to check and repair free space cache invalid inode mode.
  * Update backup roots when commit transaction.

- Misc
  * fs_info <-> root parameters cleanup for btrfs_check_leaf/node()

For reference, the devel branch itself contains the following features.

Core change:
- device scan:
  * Add the ability to forget a device

Fixes and Enhancement:
- generic:
  * Better unrecognized/invalid option handling.
    Including btrfs-prop, btrfs-qgroup, btrfs-find-root.
- mkfs:
  * Enlarge metadata chunk size to follow kernel size.
- dev-replace:
  * Better error handling and error message.
- receive:
  * New quite mode.
- dump-tree:
  * allow multiple --block to be specified.
- misc
  * Fix compiler false alerts about uninitialized variable.
  * Update gitignore file to ignore dot files.
  * kernel version parsing fix.

Changelog:
v2:
- Reorder the tags to follow the general guideline
- Rebase to latest devel branch
- Add SoB line for commits not authored by me
- Add revert commit other than dropping the offending commit
  This should makes merge itself easier.
- Updated the cover letter feature list
  Split into two parts, the features introduced in this pull, and
  the feature introduced by devel branch.

Thanks,
Qu

* Re: [PULL REQUEST v2] btrfs-progs updates, the main part
@ 2019-04-18 18:03 ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2019-04-18 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qu Wenruo; +Cc: David Sterba, linux-btrfs

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:23:59AM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Here is my pull request for the btrfs-progs:
> https://github.com/adam900710/btrfs-progs/tree/for_devel
>
> The basis is the following commit from your devel branch:
> commit cfa470d5a6b6b305fed4898b64db31c125b4dcbc (david/devel)
> Author: Nikolay Borisov <nborisov@suse.com>
> Date:   Mon Mar 11 12:20:56 2019 +0200
>
>     btrfs-progs: Remove get_argv0_buf
>
> The commit on the top is going to revert 7a12d8470e5f ("btrfs-progs: Do
> metadata preallocation as long as we're not modifying extent tree").
>
> You can drop that commit if you have discarded that commit.

Oh sorry, I forgot to push an updated devel without the broken patch so
you don't have to revert it. I see how can I fix it locally so you don't
need to resend the pull again.

* Re: [PULL REQUEST v2] btrfs-progs updates, the main part
@ 2019-04-26 16:14   ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2019-04-26 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dsterba, Qu Wenruo, linux-btrfs

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 08:03:04PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:23:59AM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Here is my pull request for the btrfs-progs:
> > https://github.com/adam900710/btrfs-progs/tree/for_devel
> >
> > The basis is the following commit from your devel branch:
> > commit cfa470d5a6b6b305fed4898b64db31c125b4dcbc (david/devel)
> > Author: Nikolay Borisov <nborisov@suse.com>
> > Date:   Mon Mar 11 12:20:56 2019 +0200
> >
> >     btrfs-progs: Remove get_argv0_buf
> >
> > The commit on the top is going to revert 7a12d8470e5f ("btrfs-progs: Do
> > metadata preallocation as long as we're not modifying extent tree").
> >
> > You can drop that commit if you have discarded that commit.
>
> Oh sorry, I forgot to push an updated devel without the broken patch so
> you don't have to revert it. I see how can I fix it locally so you don't
> need to resend the pull again.

The explicit revert is not a big issue so I've pulled the branch as-is.
Thanks.