* docbook45 is gone
@ 2019-09-03  8:17 Adam Borowski
From: Adam Borowski @ 2019-09-03  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs, David Sterba

Hi!
I'm afraid that asciidoctor 2.0 dropped support for docbook45.  The
explanation given is here:
https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/issues/3005

This makes btrfs-progs fail to build unless docs are off, with:
asciidoctor: FAILED: missing converter for backend 'docbook45'. Processing aborted.

Naively bumping the backend to docbook5 makes the output fail to pass
validation.

I don't know a thing about docbook nor asciidoc, thus I can't fix this
myself.  kdave: you did the conversion, could you save us now?

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Ivan was a worldly man: born in St. Petersburg, raised in

* Re: docbook45 is gone
@ 2019-09-03 10:54 ` Holger Hoffstätte
From: Holger Hoffstätte @ 2019-09-03 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs, David Sterba

On 9/3/19 10:17 AM, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm afraid that asciidoctor 2.0 dropped support for docbook45.  The
> explanation given is here:
> https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/issues/3005
>
> This makes btrfs-progs fail to build unless docs are off, with:
> asciidoctor: FAILED: missing converter for backend 'docbook45'. Processing aborted.
>
> Naively bumping the backend to docbook5 makes the output fail to pass
> validation.
>
> I don't know a thing about docbook nor asciidoc, thus I can't fix this
> myself.  kdave: you did the conversion, could you save us now?

There is a migration guide to DocBook v5.0:
https://docbook.org/docs/howto/howto.html

The changes look mostly search&replace-able, which is why there is
also an xsl to directly perform this conversion.

Hope this helps.

-h

* Re: docbook45 is gone
@ 2019-09-03 15:34 ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2019-09-03 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Borowski; +Cc: linux-btrfs, David Sterba

On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 10:17:04AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> I'm afraid that asciidoctor 2.0 dropped support for docbook45.  The
> explanation given is here:
> https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoctor/issues/3005
>
> This makes btrfs-progs fail to build unless docs are off, with:
> asciidoctor: FAILED: missing converter for backend 'docbook45'. Processing aborted.
>
> Naively bumping the backend to docbook5 makes the output fail to pass
> validation.

As a workaround you can do

XMLTO_EXTRA += --skip-validation

it builds and the result looks correct from the few samples I tried.
Proper conversion to docbook5 will need to happen anyway, I'll open an
issue for 5.3 target. Thanks for the report.