* 3.14.2 Debian kernel BTRFS corruption after balance
@ 2014-05-19  8:43 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2014-05-19  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Last night my cron job that runs "/sbin/btrfs fi balance start -dusage=30 -
musage=30 /" failed with no space for balancing.  Then I manually ran it to
free space for further balancing and ended up running -musage=0 -dusage=60
(dusage=40 resulted in nothing being done).

http://www.coker.com.au/bug/btrfs-3.14.2-dmesg.txt.gz

After running the dusage=60 balance I had a kernel panic apparently due to a
corrupted filesystem, the above URL has the dmesg.

http://www.coker.com.au/bug/btrfs-3.14.2-dmesg2.txt.gz

Then I rebooted the system and got the above error.  It now seems impossible
to get a read-write filesystem.  I'll try booting with the latest Debian kernel
(3.14.4) and see if that makes it work.  Otherwise I guess it's
backup/format/restore.

Would it be worth keeping an image of that filesystem to see if a newer kernel
can handle it better?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-19  8:43 UTC | newest]