* Case for "datacow-forced" option
@ 2022-01-08  1:30 Remi Gauvin
From: Remi Gauvin @ 2022-01-08  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I notice some software is silently creating files with +C attribute
without user input.  (Systemd journals, libvert qcow files, etc.)... I
can appreciate the goal of a performance boost, but I can only see this
as disaster for users of btrfs RAID, which will lead to inconsistent
mirrors on unclean shutdown, (and no way to fix, other than full balance.)

I think a datacow-forced option would be a good idea to prevent
accidental creation of critical files with nocow attribute.