* Help w/ Parent transid verify failed
@ 2022-09-17 21:32 Brian Clark
From: Brian Clark @ 2022-09-17 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hello,

I have a Fedora 36 Workstation running as a VirtualBox.  This evening
I started it up to the error above and is now sitting at an emergency
boot prompt.  I am going to have to type some of the needed
information because the trouble system is not booted far enough to
allow copy/paste.

Linux Fedora 5.17.5-300.fc36.x86_64  ...
btrfs-progs v5.16.2
Label: 'fedora-LIVE' uuid:  ...
     Total device 1 FS size 5.1 GB
    devid 1 39GB used 6.52 GB path /dev/sda2
     unable to mount device to get output

Any help would be appreciated to recover the data.

Thanks in advance,

Brian S. Clark

* Re: Help w/ Parent transid verify failed
@ 2022-09-17 23:09 ` Qu Wenruo
From: Qu Wenruo @ 2022-09-17 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Clark, linux-btrfs

On 2022/9/18 05:32, Brian Clark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Fedora 36 Workstation running as a VirtualBox.  This evening
> I started it up to the error above and is now sitting at an emergency
> boot prompt.  I am going to have to type some of the needed
> information because the trouble system is not booted far enough to
> allow copy/paste.

LiveCD and btrfs check please.

> Linux Fedora 5.17.5-300.fc36.x86_64  ...
> btrfs-progs v5.16.2
> Label: 'fedora-LIVE' uuid:  ...
>       Total device 1 FS size 5.1 GB
>      devid 1 39GB used 6.52 GB path /dev/sda2
>       unable to mount device to get output
>
> Any help would be appreciated to recover the data.

Normally you'd want to try "mount -o rescue=all,ro" then backup data.

But I'm more interested in how we got into this situation.
Any history on the VM and host?

Thanks,
Qu