* Can't recover space from deleted inode
@ 2019-12-04 15:16 Tiago Marques
From: Tiago Marques @ 2019-12-04 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon a bug on one of my systems where I can't seem to
recover space that should be free. This is non standard though:

1) Was downloading an ISO with wget,
2) By mistake on another terminal I deleted the temporary file,
3) wget kept downloading but couldn't move the temporary file, so it
exited with an error (I realized something had gone wrong),
4) I use 'df -h' and notice the size of the ISO file is missing. After
reboot and 'btrfs scrub', can't recover that free space.

Is this a bug and is there a tool that fixes this. I've read the wiki
and manuals and BTRFS doesn't have anything that checks correctness of
the filesystem?

Best regards,
Tiago Marques

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-12-04 15:16 UTC | newest]