* Unable to open files - Bus Error
@ 2020-03-28  5:43 Alex Powell
From: Alex Powell @ 2020-03-28  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi everyone,
Bit of a weird situation that I've never seen before. I had a power
outage at my home and I've not been able to get my laptop working
again since. It's running BTRFS as it's root filesystem and the
operating system is Gentoo.

The device does not boot, because files are not readable and cite a
"bus error". When I boot into a live USB and chroot in, I also get
these "bus error".

However, outside the chroot, the files can be read perfectly fine. So
I don't think that there is anything wrong with the filesystem but
rather the tools that interact with it.

Any tips on natural recovery would be appreciated, as you all know a
complete reinstall is really annoying, haha. Its also a great
opportunity to build on my knowledge of linux and BTRFS

Kind regards
Alex Powell

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-28  5:44 UTC | newest]