* btrfs-receive rename error
@ 2014-05-29 15:32 Rasmus Eskola
From: Rasmus Eskola @ 2014-05-29 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

I'm trying to send an incremental backup of a btrfs subvolume to
another host using the command:

sudo btrfs send -v /home/backup/2014-05-29_02:26:38 | ssh "root@s"
"btrfs receive -v /btrfs/backup_bulky/home"

Eventually it stops with the following error:
ERROR: rename o941570-199282-0 ->  failed. Not a directory

Seems like a bug to me, I tried searching for inodes '941570' or
'199282' but came up with no results on either. btrfsck reports no
problems.

Any ideas on how to solve this or debug it further? The subvolume is
around 400 gb large, and it's a few days since I made the previous
incremental backup, so I unfortunately haven't been able to find any
root cause or a way to reproduce the bug outside of this subvolume.

At the time of writing I'm running the 3.15.0-rc1 kernel with
btrfs-progs v3.14 on both machines.

Best regards,
Rasmus Eskola

* Re: btrfs-receive rename error
@ 2014-06-02 16:15 ` Filipe David Manana
From: Filipe David Manana @ 2014-06-02 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Eskola; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Rasmus Eskola <fruitiex@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to send an incremental backup of a btrfs subvolume to
> another host using the command:
>
> sudo btrfs send -v /home/backup/2014-05-29_02:26:38 | ssh "root@s"
> "btrfs receive -v /btrfs/backup_bulky/home"
>
> Eventually it stops with the following error:
> ERROR: rename o941570-199282-0 ->  failed. Not a directory
>
> Seems like a bug to me, I tried searching for inodes '941570' or
> '199282' but came up with no results on either. btrfsck reports no
> problems.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this or debug it further? The subvolume is
> around 400 gb large, and it's a few days since I made the previous
> incremental backup, so I unfortunately haven't been able to find any
> root cause or a way to reproduce the bug outside of this subvolume.
>
> At the time of writing I'm running the 3.15.0-rc1 kernel with
> btrfs-progs v3.14 on both machines.

Can you try the following patch and see it solves the issue?

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/4217791/

It affects only 3.15 (any of the 3.15 rc's).

> Best regards,
> Rasmus Eskola

Filipe David Manana,