* Feature Request: Support subvolume UUID modification
@ 2021-12-18 11:27 Cerem Cem ASLAN
From: Cerem Cem ASLAN @ 2021-12-18 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Btrfs BTRFS

I'm basically experiencing a similar issue to this one:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg75313.html. I broke the
"btrfs send | btrfs receive" mechanizm by performing the following
operations:

1.There was only one common snapshot on both sides. I cloned that
snapshot (MYSNAP) on host, making MYSNAP.backup.
2. btrfs sub del MYSNAP
3. restored it by "btrfs sub snap -r MYSNAP.backup MYSNAP".

Now incremental transfer is broken because "Received UUID" of MYSNAP
on the target is different from UUID of MYSNAP on the host.

Yes, I could change the Received UUID by python-btrfs, however this
makes overall backup procedure very complex. Could you add such a
kernel API function to modify UUID of a snapshot?

Also, native tools for such modifications would be awesome.

Regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-18 11:27 UTC | newest]