* Encryption in btrfs.
@ 2009-08-26 22:51 Kirill A. Shutemov
From: Kirill A. Shutemov @ 2009-08-26 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Does it possible by design to implement encryption in btrfs?
Does it require format change?
Does anybody have any plans about it?

* Re: Encryption in btrfs
@ 2010-05-18 19:03 ` Josef Bacik
From: Josef Bacik @ 2010-05-18 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Sullivan; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 02:54:35PM -0400, Jay Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>     In the past, I've heard rumors that there are plans to support
> [transparent] encryption in btrfs. =A0If you guys were able to get
> compression to work already, I don't see what's stopping you from
> implementing encryption. =A0I'd like to strongly recommend that you l=
ook
> into using=A0the "NaCl: Networking and Cryptography library" (see
> http://nacl.cace-project.eu/ =A0) by Daniel J. Bernstein.  It is
> extremely lightweight, fast, secure, and has an extremely simple API.
>  I'd really like to see btrfs take advantage of such a great
> cryptographic library.  I'm interested in hearing all of your thought=
> on this, as I think it could work out quite nicely.
>=20

Whenever somebody manages to get around to encryption it will likely us=
e the
built in crypto library already in the kernel so we don't go around dup=
licating
code.  Thanks,

Josef
in

* Encryption in btrfs
@ 2010-05-18 18:54 Jay Sullivan
From: Jay Sullivan @ 2010-05-18 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

    In the past, I've heard rumors that there are plans to support
[transparent] encryption in btrfs. =C2=A0If you guys were able to get
compression to work already, I don't see what's stopping you from
implementing encryption. =C2=A0I'd like to strongly recommend that you =
look
into using=C2=A0the "NaCl: Networking and Cryptography library" (see
http://nacl.cace-project.eu/ =C2=A0) by Daniel J. Bernstein.  It is
extremely lightweight, fast, secure, and has an extremely simple API.
 I'd really like to see btrfs take advantage of such a great
cryptographic library.  I'm interested in hearing all of your thoughts
on this, as I think it could work out quite nicely.

Thanks!

--
Jay Sullivan
in