* block group tree conversion
@ 2023-03-22 19:13 kenneth topp
From: kenneth topp @ 2023-03-22 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

I'm reportting my success with converting to blockgroup tree so
that others may benefit.

running 6.2.7-300.fc38.x86_64 kernel from fedora 38 (in beta), which
a self compiled version of btrfs-progs with --enable-experimental option.

The conversion took around 90 minutes, and the mount time went from around
250 seconds to 5 seconds.

The filesystem is around 600k inodes, 51TB used, and didn't use any
features like snapshots or compression, and was created with '-O no-holes
-d single -m raid1' options and is mounted with
'defaults,noatime,space_cache=v2'.

I hope the experimental flag is dropped soon, so that others can see
similar mount time improvements.  I can now remove the systemd settings
override I needed to allow the system to successfully boot up
(DefaultTimeoutStartSec).

Ken

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-22 19:14 UTC | newest]