linux-clk.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* RESEND: clk: Avoid sending high rates to downstream clocks during set_rate
@ 2020-03-29 23:49 David Heidelberg
From: David Heidelberg @ 2020-03-29 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sboyd; +Cc: linux-clk, linus.walleij, john.stultz, david

Hello Stephen,

sorry for reopening this long time closed patch discussion, but it
seems that this patch is still valid (today -next 5.6-rc).
Without your patch, Nexus 7 2013 isn't able to wake up screen and fails
with:

[ 64.658305] dsi_link_clk_set_rate_v2: Failed to set rate pixel clk, -22
[ 64.658324] msm_dsi_host_power_on: failed to enable link clocks.
ret=-22
[ 64.658373] dsi_mgr_bridge_pre_enable: power on host 0 failed, -22

complete dmesg:
https://paste.sr.ht/%7Eokias/636375da6b1a16e90bd690d34b0f3ff4c79c71c6

with your patch [
https://github.com/okias/linux/commit/84438b2b2306d2e3032533d39cf2c0f46bf721fd
]
screen wakes up and no clk related errors shows up.

Is it then possible that your patch "workarounds" issue in different
place? Any idea what could be wrong?

If you'll have something in mind which could solve this issue,
I can try my best and provide all necessary debuging information to
tackle this issue down.
Thank you
David Heidelberg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-29 23:59 UTC | newest]