linux-crypto.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* testmgr question
@ 2019-07-03 21:50 Pascal Van Leeuwen
From: Pascal Van Leeuwen @ 2019-07-03 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto

Hi,

I'm currently busy adding support for some AES-CTR based authenticated encryption suites to the
inside-secure driver, and I got the distinct impression they were silently not getting tested at all.

Looking at testmgr.c, I noticed that they point to alg_test_null, confirming my suspicion.
I was wondering whether this was intentional and, if so, why that is the case?

I get that there are no reference vectors for these ciphersuites yet, but that shouldn't stop
testmgr from at least fuzzing the ciphersuite against the reference implementation?

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Verimatrix
www.insidesecure.com