linux-crypto.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Question: Earliest kernel version with FIPS-compliant DRBG?
@ 2023-11-07  5:34 Shivam Kumar
From: Shivam Kumar @ 2023-11-07  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto, linux-kernel
  Cc: herbert, aquini, jeremy.wayne.powell, clemens, pwalten, joe

Hi,

I recently came across a discussion on the mailing list and noted some
Linux Kernel Mailing List (LKML) patches pertaining to the enhancement
of the kernel's Deterministic Random Bit Generator (DRBG) to meet FIPS
(Federal Information Processing Standards) compliance. However, I am
currently uncertain about the status of this endeavor, specifically
whether the kernel's DRBG has indeed been rendered FIPS-compliant.

Could you kindly provide clarification on the current status of the
kernel's DRBG in this regard? Furthermore, if it has been made
FIPS-compliant, I am keen to ascertain the earliest kernel version that
incorporates this FIPS-compliant DRBG.

Thanks,
Shivam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-11-07  5:45 UTC | newest]