linux-crypto.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Linux-crypto: Do we have AES-CBC implementation using Intel SSSE3?
@ 2014-08-25 19:27 Shuai Xiao
From: Shuai Xiao @ 2014-08-25 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-crypto

Hi,
   I want to find a AES-CBC implementation using Intel SSSE3, because the CPU I works with have no AES-NI. I have to use SSSE3 to get better performance. There is a module in Openssl using SSSE3 to implement AES. According Openssl's test result, there are +28%/64% improvement between regular assembly code and SSSE3 assembly code.

  But I can't find a implementation which available in kernel space and fit in Linux crypto API. Anyone have some info about this?

  And I noticed that Linux-crypto are using SSSE3 to implement sha1,sha256,sha512, why not for AES?

  Here is the info for SSSE3 AES implementation, http://shiftleft.org/papers/vector_aes/  and  http://crypto.stanford.edu/vpaes/.
or you can read the Openssl code in Openssl\crypto\aes\asm\vpaes-x86.pl

   Thank you for your time!

Regards
Shuai

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-08-25 19:27 UTC | newest]