linux-cxl.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* using CXL for VM migration
@ 2023-03-03  2:50 Dragan Stancevic
From: Dragan Stancevic @ 2023-03-03  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nil-migration, linux-cxl

Hey everyone-

I attended Jonathan Cameron's talk at LPC 2022 back in September and got
this idea to use CXL.mem to migrate VMs across physical hosts. Jonathan
and myself have had a couple of lengthy talks about this and then I got
buried under a ton of other work for months (Sorry Jonathan).

But anyhow, last chat we had there were several things still missing in
CXL code, both in qemu and the kernel.

Jonathan had suggested opening this thread on the CXL mailing list, so
we could figure out and enumerate the missing parts in CXL code to
enable this type of VM migration. I'd like to collect a "TODO" list of
sorts, and help out with the missing components/features. So if you
don't mind, I am asking for help from CXL folks to help me identify the
missing features

Jonathan's talk:
https://lpc.events/event/16/contributions/1248/

Intro to nil-migration
http://nil-migration.org/

--
Peace can only come as a natural consequence
of universal enlightenment -Dr. Nikola Tesla

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-03  2:50 UTC | newest]