linux-edac.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Error injection interface for igen6 driver with Intel TGL UP3 hardware
@ 2021-09-03 14:25 Lucas Fryzek
From: Lucas Fryzek @ 2021-09-03 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-edac; +Cc: Tasos Sachanidis

Hello,

We are working with some new Intel Tiger Lake hardware (specifically a board with the 1185-GRE SKU) and are running kernel version 5.14.0 rc3, compiled with debug support for EDAC. The igen6 driver appears to be loaded and running, but it does appear to export any interfaces to test error injection on the hardware. We have made sure that IBECC is enabled in the bios and the they IBECC error injection feature is also enabled in the bios.

Does the current igen6 driver support error injection on Tiger Lake? How can we test IBECC support on Tiger Lake?

Thanks,
Lucas

* RE: Error injection interface for igen6 driver with Intel TGL UP3 hardware
@ 2021-09-04 12:17 ` Zhuo, Qiuxu
From: Zhuo, Qiuxu @ 2021-09-04 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Lucas Fryzek', linux-edac; +Cc: Tasos Sachanidis

> From: Lucas Fryzek <lucas.fryzek@coreavi.com>
> Does the current igen6 driver support error injection on Tiger Lake? How can we
> test IBECC support on Tiger Lake?

No, the igen6 driver doesn't support real error injection.

-Qiuxu