linux-efi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* arm64/efistub boot error with CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STACKLEAK
@ 2019-08-15  9:56 skodde
From: skodde @ 2019-08-15  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-efi, linux-arm-kernel

Hi,

I've enabled CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STACKLEAK on 5.2.8 for an arm64
macchiatobin board and I get the following error when loading the
kernel (using grub-efi on top of edk ii):

EFI stub: Booting Linux Kernel...
EFI stub: ERROR: efi_get_random_bytes() failed
EFI stub: ERROR: Failed to relocate kernel

The kernel boots fine with that option disabled, but strangely
presents the same error when disabling only CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE.

Let me know if I can provide more info or do some tests.

Thanks