linux-ext4.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Redo log for file system checkers
@ 2020-10-07  9:38 Om Gatla
From: Om Gatla @ 2020-10-07  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ext4

Hello all,

Our research group at Iowa State University and Western Digital have
designed and developed a generic redo log interface for file system
checkers (fsck). The source code is available at:
https://git.ece.iastate.edu/data-storage-lab/prototypes/rfsck

The design of our redo log is based on the undo log feature available
in e2fsck and provides a transaction interface. We identified that the
existing undo log in e2fsck is not properly implemented and that there
are issues concerning synchronizing updates across the undo log file
and the device.

For further details please refer to our paper:
https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/fast18/fast18-gatla.pdf

I request the community to kindly review our work and provide us some feedback.

Regards
Om Rameshwar Gatla

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-07  9:38 UTC | newest]