linux-ext4.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* fs ideas
@ 2021-09-27 20:49 Andre Coelho
From: Andre Coelho @ 2021-09-27 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ext4

Hey, got some fs ideas , hope it helps. :) (if not ignore this :)). I
just did in this in the remote change that this is helpful

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QA0N93fLAFLf__9-cRNew8AgTUscQ0pl

--
André Albergaria Coelho
fc26887@alunos.fc.ul.pt

* Re: fs ideas
@ 2021-09-28  2:49 ` Theodore Ts'o
From: Theodore Ts'o @ 2021-09-28  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre Coelho; +Cc: linux-ext4

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 09:49:28PM +0100, Andre Coelho wrote:
> Hey, got some fs ideas , hope it helps. :) (if not ignore this :)). I just
> did in this in the remote change that this is helpful
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QA0N93fLAFLf__9-cRNew8AgTUscQ0pl

It's not clear what your ideas are trying to accomplish.  It appears
to be related somehow to block allocation, but it's unclear what
on-disk or on-memory representation of which blocks are free or are in
use you are presuming.  When trying to express your ideas, it's best
if you first explain what you are trying to achieve, and how it is an
improvement over the current scheme, and then describe the data
structures (both on-disk and in-memory, if they are different) you are
proposing.

Cheers,

					- Ted