linux-f2fs-devel.lists.sourceforge.net archive mirror
* [f2fs-dev] If submit 2MB directIO, full or append?
@ 2020-07-06 11:01 lampahome
From: lampahome @ 2020-07-06 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-f2fs-devel

If I submit one 2MB directIO to f2fs, will f2fs find a segment which
can fit the 2MB data, or will append it to the existing non-full
segment?

* Re: [f2fs-dev] If submit 2MB directIO, full or append?
@ 2020-07-07  1:41 ` Chao Yu
From: Chao Yu @ 2020-07-07  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lampahome, linux-f2fs-devel

On 2020/7/6 19:01, lampahome wrote:
> If I submit one 2MB directIO to f2fs, will f2fs find a segment which
> can fit the 2MB data, or will append it to the existing non-full
> segment?

Could you use trace system and combining codes to check f2fs behavior?

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/f2fs/f2fs_<xxx>/enable
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_pipe |grep f2fs

To trace allocation, we can enable f2fs_submit_page_write tracepoint.