* Re: [Linux-cachefs] About the ceph persistent caching with fscache
       [not found] <SH0PR01MB045873AEEA42B84D442F09028A1B0@SH0PR01MB0458.CHNPR01.prod.partner.outlook.cn>
@ 2020-02-19 17:56 ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2020-02-19 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yang, Lifeng; +Cc: dhowells, linux-cachefs, linux-fsdevel

Yang, Lifeng <lifeng.yang@lenovonetapp.com> wrote:

> I have a question need the consult from the ceph experts. I am the user of
> CephFS, and would like to use the persist memory to accelerate file IO and I
> found long times ago, the FSCache supports the CephFS:
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/564294/
>
> I wonder if the FSCache support the user mode CephFS accessing? Because I
> just see there is only kernel code update, this is might the easy question
> for you.

Note that fscache is being heavily rewritten at the moment:

	https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=fscache-iter

Interfaces now exist that allow it to use direct I/O to the backing filesystem
and avoid the need to try to snoop the waitqueues for backing pages to come
available (which doesn't always appear to work).

David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-02-19 17:57 UTC | newest]