* [ANNOUNCE] wrapfs with support for operation on top of NFS
@ 2020-12-21 17:38 Barnim Dzwillo
From: Barnim Dzwillo @ 2020-12-21 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fsdevel

Hello,

A version of wrapfs with support for operation on top of NFS is available here:
https://github.com/bdzwillo/wrapfs_nfs

The major additions are:
- support for remote file locks
- fixes for operation on top of remote file systems
- example code to wrap vfs-write-ops in a separate branch

Since the original wrapfs shows its age, the lookup-, locking- & mmap-code
was simplified based on code from the ecryptfs & overlayfs kernel modules.

This version was developed for a centos-7.8 kernel and NFSv3 filer mounts,
because this matches the setup in our company. I hope this can be useful
also for other environments - the centos vfs api lags behind the current
vanilla kernel, but the internals are very much alike.

In retrospect I must say it is really hard to get the locking right on the
vfs layer. Perhaps it would be useful to add example code for a working
vfs loopback driver to the kernel source tree.

Thanks,
Barnim

--
Barnim Dzwillo
STRATO AG, Pascalstrasse 10, 10587 Berlin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-21 18:09 UTC | newest]