* How can I completely evict(remove) the inode data from memory and access the disk next time?
@ 2019-10-01 16:14 Daegyu Han
From: Daegyu Han @ 2019-10-01 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fsdevel

Hi linux file system expert,

I've asked again the general question about Linux file systems.

For example, if there is a file a.txt in the path /foo/ bar,
what should I do to completely evict(remove) the inode of bar
directory from memory and read the inode via disk access?

A few weeks ago. I asked a question about dentry and Ted told me that
there is a negative dentry on Linux.

I tried to completely evict(remove) the dentry cache using FS API in
include/fs.h and dcache.h, and also evict the inode from memory, but I
failed.

The FS API I used is:
dput() // to drop usage count and remove from dentry cache
iput() // to drop usage count and remove from inode cache.

To be honest, I'm confused about which API to cope with my question.

As far as I know, even though metadata is released from the file
system cache, it is managed as an LRU list.

I also saw some code related to CPU cacheline.
When I look at the superblock structure, there are also inodes, dcache
lists, and LRUs.

How can I completely evict the inode from memory and make disk access
as mentioned above?

Thank you in advance.
Daegyu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-10-01 16:14 UTC | newest]