* [LSF/MM ATTEND] dedupe, clustering, general fs discussion
@ 2017-01-12 22:37 Mark Fasheh
From: Mark Fasheh @ 2017-01-12 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc, linux-fsdevel

Hi,

I would like to attend LSF 2017 under the FS track. I come prepared to
talk over a wide variety of topics but traditionally my biggest areas
of focus have lately been dedupe and clustering. Nowadays I'm also
interested in data archiving and some of the workloads involved in
that area (billions of files, etc).

Work I've done in or around the kernel:

- Maintainer of the Ocfs2 cluster file system
- Introduced the fiemap ioctl
- Introduced btrfs-extent-same which eventually became the VFS
dedupe-file-range ioctl
- The usual fs fixes (in the past many of these were for Btrfs,
including work on quota groups)
- Maintainer and author of duperemove, an offline dedupe tool for XFS and Btrfs

Thanks,
        --Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-01-12 22:37 UTC | newest]