* exfat: request to implement FITRIM ioctl for fstrim
@ 2020-06-27 13:05 Ju Hyung Park
From: Ju Hyung Park @ 2020-06-27 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Namjae Jeon, Sungjong Seo; +Cc: linux-fsdevel, open list, witallwang

Hi.

It has come to my attention that while exfat supports live trim via
the discard mount option, it does not implement FITRIM ioctl for
fstrim(8).

As exfat finally became the R/W cross-platform file-system solution
and many flash storages defaulting to exfat, I'd love to see fstrim
support added to exfat too.

Wentao Wang added FITRIM ioctl for vfat about 2 years ago. I hope that
can be a useful reference:
Commit f663b5b38fffeb31841f8bfaf0ef87a445b0ffee ("fat: add FITRIM
ioctl for FAT file system").

Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-27 13:05 UTC | newest]