* [LSF/MM TOPIC] Network File System and Server topics of interest
@ 2017-01-17  6:54 Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2017-01-17  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

I would like to propose a discussion on various general (local and
network) file system topics of particular interest to network file
systems and servers

- xstat (I realize that this was mentioned in an earlier thread
- cache manager (as noted by David Howells earlier), and various
caching features of use for SMB3/Samba and NFS
- richacl
- snapshot handling (making snapshots visible over a network file system)

I also would like to encourage/continue the discussion of xfstest (and
in particular how to generalize it better for network file systems
where it can be awkward to run the largest appropriate subset of
tests)

Steve

* Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] Network File System and Server topics of interest
@ 2017-01-17  6:57 ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2017-01-17  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

I forgot to note reflink (copy offload) in the list below because it
was already called out in one of the earlier notes, but should have
included it in the list since it is particularly important in nfs and
smb3/Samba.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 12:54 AM, Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose a discussion on various general (local and
> network) file system topics of particular interest to network file
> systems and servers
>
> - xstat (I realize that this was mentioned in an earlier thread
> - cache manager (as noted by David Howells earlier), and various
> caching features of use for SMB3/Samba and NFS
> - richacl
> - snapshot handling (making snapshots visible over a network file system)
>
> I also would like to encourage/continue the discussion of xfstest (and
> in particular how to generalize it better for network file systems
> where it can be awkward to run the largest appropriate subset of
> tests)
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Steve