* Warnings about filesystem timestamp support until 2038
@ 2020-08-26 10:35 Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2020-08-26 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepa Dinamani
  Cc: linux-fsdevel, Jeff Layton, Alexander Viro, LKML, it+linux-fsdevel

Dear Deepa,

Commit v5.3-rc6-4-gf8b92ba67c5d3 (mount: Add mount warning for impending
timestamp expiry) [1] results in a lot of warnings on our systems.

     xfs filesystem being mounted at /amd/salvadorthegunzerker/0
supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)

Unfortunately, I am missing the motivation for adding the warning in the
commit message. Why is it warned about and what should users do about
it? In our case, what should XFS and ext4 filesystem users do?

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=f8b92ba67c5d3a9e9468320078a97d950a3e748b

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-26 10:35 UTC | newest]