linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Pollak, Leonard" <pollak@tr-host.de>
To: linux-iio@vger.kernel.org, jic23@kernel.org
Subject: Add ADE9000 driver to staging:iio:meter?
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 11:25:14 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have written a driver for the ADE9000. It has enough functionality to
calibrate the device
and use it for energy metering. This was tested on a Raspberry Pi 3
which i also have
a dts for if anyone is interested.

There are some quirks though since the ABI doesn't really make it easy
on this kind of device.
For example: my driver (ab)uses the iio modifiers x and y to distinguish
between Wh and VAh.
There are other issues with the driver I can think of (especially the
channel definitions).
I think if you would want a more complete implementation of this IC as
an iio device one would
need to start adding modifiers/types to the iio chan spec which would
probably need a lot
of discussion. Since this is the first driver I have written for the
linux kernel don't
expect too much, but I am commited to learn and happy to implement any
suggestions for
making this a nice driver in the future :)

For now, I have forked the kernel tree from GKH made a patch and cleaned
it up with checkpatch.pl
should I just send the driver as a patch is there anything else I need
to do beforehand?

Regards,
Leo