linux-input.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Solved freezing keyboard and touchpad with synaptics intertouch
@ 2021-09-18  9:12 literallynobody
From: literallynobody @ 2021-09-18  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Hello, as instructed in logs im writing this to tell you that i resolved
my problem with randomly freezing keyboard and touchpad in my laptop by adding
psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=1 to boot options in GRUB. Details below.

The problem was happening when i was using touchpad, never when using
keyboard. It would "freeze" or "clog" but it would still
remember my inputs from keyboard, and when i would do(with external
keyboard, because when touchpad was frozen so was keyboard)
sudo modprobe -r psmouse
sudo modprobe psmouse
all the inputs during the time of freeze would be pressed, and keyboard
and touchpad would work for some time (about few minutes, occasionally
longer). Nothing came in xorg logs, and not in journalctl when freeze
came. I stumbled upon only information that my touchpad supports
psmouse.synaptics_intertouch=1 so i gave that a shot and it fixed the
issue.

My laptop is HP 250 G7.

uname -a
Linux nowhere 5.14.5-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:02:40 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-18  9:18 UTC | newest]