linux-input.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* I2C HID incomplete report + misc debugging questions
@ 2019-11-14 14:41 Pavel Balan
From: Pavel Balan @ 2019-11-14 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Good day all,

I'm trying to create drivers for a device connected over I2C HID (a
laptop backlight). Here are two things I would like to know:

1. The device, as it seems, hangs up for a few seconds on every
un-suspend or boot. The following line is repeated:

[    5.667145] i2c_hid i2c-ITE33D1:00: i2c_hid_get_input: incomplete
report (2/4)

Is there a pre-made I2C quirk I can toggle that solves that sort of
problem, or would I have to dig deeper?

2. My workflow for working with USB devices was to modprobe the new
driver in, then disconnect and reconnect the device again. A different
approach is probably needed in this case, though I'm not yet sure which.
Any recommendations? Possibly a way to get hidraw, if such exists?

Thanks for the help.

* I2C HID incomplete report + misc debugging questions
@ 2019-11-14 15:38 Pavel Balan