linux-input.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* how do unbind ThinkPad touchpad without unbinding trackpoint?
@ 2019-11-18 23:50 Bruno Dantas
From: Bruno Dantas @ 2019-11-18 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

I have a T400 laptop running Devuan ASCII with linux 4.16.2

Please, this laptop's touchpad generates input "noise" while the lid is shut, which causes applications that should run while system is idle (e.g., xscreensaver) not to run.

I've tried to disable the touchpad via xinput or synaptics, but it does not remedy the issue. The only remedy I've found is to unbind the touchpad with this command:

# echo serio1 /sys/bus/serio/drivers/psmouse/unbind

Unfortunately, the above command also disables my trackpoint ("nipple mouse") which I need to remain functional.

Please, how do I unbind the touchpad without unbinding the trackpoint?

Thanks,
Bruno "GNUser"

P.S. This may be useful:

bruno@thinkpad:~$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
From: Bruno Dantas @ 2019-11-19  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Dantas, linux-input

The command should have been this:

# echo serio1 >/sys/bus/serio/drivers/psmouse/unbind

Sorry about the typo (missing stdout redirect).

The above command *completely* disables the touchpad as desired, but has the undesired side effect of unbinding serio2 (which disables the trackpoint).

-Bruno

@ 2019-11-18 23:34 Bruno Dantas