linux-integrity.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: A Request for your Expertise: tpm_crb: probe of MSFT0101:00 failed with error -16
       [not found] <504710714.386603.1564694480182.JavaMail.zimbra@xes-inc.com>
@ 2019-08-04 20:44 ` Jarkko Sakkinen
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2019-08-04 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zach Kubinski; +Cc: linux-integrity

Hi

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 04:21:20PM -0500, Zach Kubinski wrote:
>    Hi Jarkko,
>        I'm working on what I believe is a bug with our BIOS here at X-ES
>    which gives the following error in dmesg:
>        tpm_crb MSFT0101:00: can't request region for resource [mem
>        0x7be54000-0x7be5402f]
>        tpm_crb: probe of MSFT0101:00 failed with error -16
>        I've seen your name in many forums spanning the last couple years on
>    this
>        issue and related issues but I can't seem to find a thread that
>    accurately
>        describes and fixes the issue.
>        I wanted to reach out to see if you would be willing to help clarify a
>        thread or point me to one that could assist me in fixing this issue.
>        Currently, I believe that
>        this issue stems from the TPM attempting to allocate the Control
>        Area(CONA) in the ACPI_NVS region, shown in the e820 table, which
>    returns
>        the Linux error code -16 "EBUSY".
>        From what I read, the entire ACPI_NVS region has this flag which leads
>    me
>        to believe that there should be somewhere else to allocate the Control
>        Area.
>        I am using Linux Kernel 4-19-34 and my BIOS is UEFI Grangeville. If
>    you
>        would like any further information please let me know, I hope this
>    message
>        reaches you and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
>        Best,
>        Zach Kubinski

I would ask you to read

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/email-clients.html

and then configure your email client accordingly.

Also go through this with time https://kernelnewbies.org/PatchCulture.
Especially I would suggest to read email etiquette part carefully.

Thank you.

/Jarkko

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-08-04 20:45 UTC | newest]