linux-integrity.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Understanding fsuuid policy rule for appraisal and exclusion
@ 2019-01-29  8:51 rishi gupta
From: rishi gupta @ 2019-01-29  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-integrity

Hi Team,

I set the policy for IMA as follows. (1) Files in partition B will be
appraised or not if its UUID is not yyyy-yy-yy-yy. (2) Do files in
partition C only will be appraised irrespective of whatever rule is
written for other partitions.

My goal is to include a partition and exclude all other partitions.

# Exclude partition A
dont_measure fsuuid=xxxx-xx-xx-xx
dont_appraise fsuuid=xxxx-xx-xx-xx

# Exclude partition B (Problem here)
dont_measure fsuuid=yyyy-yy-yy-yy
dont_appraise fsuuid=yyyy-yy-yy-yy

# Appraise partition C
appraise fsuuid=zzzz-zz-zz-zz appraise_type=imasig

Regards,
Rishi

* Re: Understanding fsuuid policy rule for appraisal and exclusion
@ 2019-01-29 18:37 ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-01-29 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rishi gupta, linux-integrity

On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 14:21 +0530, rishi gupta wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I set the policy for IMA as follows. (1) Files in partition B will be
> appraised or not if its UUID is not yyyy-yy-yy-yy. (2) Do files in
> partition C only will be appraised irrespective of whatever rule is
> written for other partitions.
>
> My goal is to include a partition and exclude all other partitions.
>
> # Exclude partition A
> dont_measure fsuuid=xxxx-xx-xx-xx
> dont_appraise fsuuid=xxxx-xx-xx-xx
>
> # Exclude partition B (Problem here)
> dont_measure fsuuid=yyyy-yy-yy-yy
> dont_appraise fsuuid=yyyy-yy-yy-yy
>
> # Appraise partition C
> appraise fsuuid=zzzz-zz-zz-zz appraise_type=imasig

Are you having problems with these policy rules?  Policy rules are
handled sequentially.  Just make sure these rules are before any of
the other "appraise" rules.

Mimi

* Re: Understanding fsuuid policy rule for appraisal and exclusion
@ 2019-01-30 13:38   ` rishi gupta
From: rishi gupta @ 2019-01-30 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mimi Zohar; +Cc: linux-integrity

Yes, I am having problem as I am not able to validate IMA
implementation on my device.
Basically, uuid of partition B is not yyyy-yy-yy-yy and therefore I am
not able to conclude whether it will be appraised or not.

If no rule is written for any partition is it appraised ?

@ 2019-01-30 13:53     ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-01-30 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rishi gupta; +Cc: linux-integrity

(Bottom post please.)

On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 19:08 +0530, rishi gupta wrote:
> Yes, I am having problem as I am not able to validate IMA
> implementation on my device.
> Basically, uuid of partition B is not yyyy-yy-yy-yy and therefore I am
> not able to conclude whether it will be appraised or not.
>
> If no rule is written for any partition is it appraised ?

That's dependent on the rest of the policy rules.  Without an appraise
rule, nothing is appraised.

Mimi

* Re: Understanding fsuuid policy rule for appraisal and exclusion
@ 2019-02-05  5:28       ` rishi gupta
From: rishi gupta @ 2019-02-05  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mimi Zohar; +Cc: linux-integrity

Thanks I understood, only explicitly specified file using "appraise"
is actually verified.
One more thing, where can I find evmtest source code.