linux-kernel-mentees.lists.linuxfoundation.org archive mirror
From: Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn@gmail.com>
To: Jay Rajput <jay24rajput@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-kernel-mentees@lists.linuxfoundation.org
Subject: Re: [Linux-kernel-mentees] Community Bridge Klever Project
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 20:01:05 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 7:15 PM Jay Rajput <jay24rajput@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Lukas,
>
> I was trying to compile the Linux kernel on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine.
>
> I executed the steps in the attached screenshot but I am running into the following error. I tried searching for the fix on this error but wasn't able to figure it out. I was hoping perhaps you could help me fix it.
>
> Please let me know if you can help me with this.

First, please do not send screenshots; my mailbox and others you might
communicate with have limited space and your png file is huge. Just
copy the relevant text and output from the terminal.

Second, please do not top-post.

    A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    A: The lost context.
    Q: What makes top-posted replies harder to read than bottom-posted?

    A: Yes.
    Q: Should I trim down the quoted part of an email to which I'm replying?

Third, please always CC: linux-kernel-mentees@linux-foundation.org.

Fourth, please use google first and summarize what you found when
reading the relevant articles.

Now to your issue:

You need to install the latest version of clang, which provides
asm-goto support. Check the release notes of the compiler to see if
asm-goto support is provided by the version you downloaded.

Follow the rules above and the selection for a potential mentorship
can continue.

Lukas