* No linux/module.h
@ 2007-09-26 10:29 mahamuni ashish
From: mahamuni ashish @ 2007-09-26 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I am writing simple kernel module.
I have included linux/module.h
compiler gives me error that no such file, I also
searched it on my machine.
It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6.
How do I install required libraries.

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

* Re: No linux/module.h
@ 2007-09-26 20:25 ` Kristof Provost
From: Kristof Provost @ 2007-09-26 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mahamuni ashish; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 2007-09-26 11:29:33 (+0100), mahamuni ashish <ash_lkp@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I am writing simple kernel module.
> I have included linux/module.h
> compiler gives me error that no such file, I also
> searched it on my machine.
> It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6.
> How do I install required libraries.
I suspect you either have an incorrect makefile or you don't have the
kernel source code on your system. The header file can be found in the
kerel source: include/linux/module.h

Regards,
Kristof

* Re: No linux/module.h
@ 2007-09-26 20:55   ` Jiri Slaby
From: Jiri Slaby @ 2007-09-26 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kristof Provost; +Cc: mahamuni ashish, linux-kernel

On 09/26/2007 10:25 PM, Kristof Provost wrote:
> On 2007-09-26 11:29:33 (+0100), mahamuni ashish <ash_lkp@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>> I am writing simple kernel module.
>> I have included linux/module.h
>> compiler gives me error that no such file, I also
>> searched it on my machine.
>> It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6.
>> How do I install required libraries.
> I suspect you either have an incorrect makefile or you don't have the
> kernel source code on your system. The header file can be found in the
> kerel source: include/linux/module.h

He needs kernel-devel, I guess.

--
Jiri Slaby (jirislaby@gmail.com)
Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University