linux-leds.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* turris omnia leds again: question RESEND
@ 2020-03-10 17:39 Marek Behun
From: Marek Behun @ 2020-03-10 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-leds

Hi,

(sorry for the spam, I accidently sent this e-mail from another
email account).

I am going to try to send driver for Omnia LEDs again. The last time
there was a problem: on 05/01/2019 Jacek wrote:

> I wonder if we're doing right merging this driver in this form.
> We break the rule one-led-class-device-per-one-channel. We don't
> have LED multi color support yet, so this should support RGB LEDs
> in the old manner. Or switch to using LED multi color class.

> Once we will have LED multi color class, we will be able to add the
> support for it to the driver and make the driver configurable to be
> able to expose old interface or the LED multi color one.

> Moreover, the bindings should use led-sources property for grouping
> three channels under single LED class device. This is certainly to be
> fixed.

So I am going to try to modify the driver so that each channel creates
one LED class device. Do I understand this correctly then, that this
way when there are three channels (RGB) on one LED, all the 3 device
tree nodes for should have the same reg property, but different
led-sources property? Eg:

  led@0,0 {
    reg = <0>;
    led-sources = <0>;
    label = "omnia::heartbeat::red";
  };

  led@0,1 {
    reg = <0>;
    led-sources = <1>;
    label = "omnia::heartbeat::green";
  };

  led@0,2 {
    reg = <0>;
    led-sources = <2>;
    label = "omnia::heartbeat::blue";
  };

Or did I misinterpret the led-sources property?

Thanks, Marek.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-10 17:39 UTC | newest]