linux-leds.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* pending patches
@ 2021-08-16 18:56 Vadim Pasternak
From: Vadim Pasternak @ 2021-08-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: linux-leds

Hi Pavel,

I have two pending patches:
https://patches.linaro.org/patch/432324/ from 2021-05-07
https://patches.linaro.org/patch/403538/ from 2021-03-16, which has been re-sent.

Could these patches be accepted?

Thanks,
Vadim.

* Re: pending patches
@ 2021-08-20  8:06 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2021-08-20  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vadim Pasternak; +Cc: linux-leds

Hi!

> I have two pending patches:
> https://patches.linaro.org/patch/432324/ from 2021-05-07

I don't understand this one. Are these normal single-color LEDs, or is
it some kind of weird red/orange/amber/green combination exposed as
single LED?

> https://patches.linaro.org/patch/403538/ from 2021-03-16, which has been re-sent.

In this case, I don't think i2c bus number is suitable way to identify
add-on card. Having some way of identifying add-on cards makes sense
(as we'll probably have other vendors having "fault" or "activity"
light on their cards), but those boards will not neccessarily have i2c
on them.

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek

* RE: pending patches
@ 2021-09-12  5:06   ` Vadim Pasternak
From: Vadim Pasternak @ 2021-09-12  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: linux-leds

This is not single-color LED. LED is controlled by programmable device, color is
set by writing relevant bit mask combination to the related LED register.

> > https://patches.linaro.org/patch/403538/ from 2021-03-16, which has been
> re-sent.
>
> In this case, I don't think i2c bus number is suitable way to identify add-on
> card. Having some way of identifying add-on cards makes sense (as we'll
> probably have other vendors having "fault" or "activity"
> light on their cards), but those boards will not neccessarily have i2c on them.

Line card always has I2C connection, LED color is controlled through a programmable
device, which is always I2C device. So, this is I2C and bus number identifies topology.

Pavel,
I have those patches pending very long time. Could you, please, help to get them
accepted?

Thanks,
Vadim.

@ 2021-09-12  7:11     ` Pavel Machek