linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Upgrading to Mandrake 8.0
@ 2001-05-26 21:36 Diederick van Dijk
From: Diederick van Dijk @ 2001-05-26 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi,

I've Mandrake 7.2 with LVM 0.9.1-beta7 installed on one volume group. My
logical volumes are reiserfs formatted. Upgrading to Mandrake 8.0 fails
because the standard upgrade program doesn't recognize my volume group very
well. Has someone succeeded in upgrading ?

Thanks,

Diederick

* RE: [linux-lvm] Upgrading to Mandrake 8.0
@ 2001-05-26 22:38 ` Steve Wray
From: Steve Wray @ 2001-05-26 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Have you actually used mandrake 8.0 already?

Unless you have some good reason to do so, ie not mere
upgrade-fever, stay with 7.2

Believe me... 8.0 is still "cooker" they just *had* to
release it for wider testing...

But LVM-wise, I havn't a clue that would help you do the upgrade.
However, I did try going from 7.1 to 7.2 and it broke BADLY!

Best bet is to reinstall not upgrade.

@ 2001-05-28  8:02   ` Olivier Thauvin
From: Olivier Thauvin @ 2001-05-28  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Mandrake 8.0 release is out ! I'm using the official Mandrake 8.0 download as iso image from a mirror.

I've upgrade my 8.0 in Lvm 0.9.1-beta 7 because it work better but this is for test. This release of lvm recognize the lvm create with the lvm of Mandrake.
But I'm not using lvm on this machine. I will test this evening on my server (upgrade Mandrake 7.2 with kernel 2.4.4 to 8.0 with the same kernel).

Le Dimanche 27 Mai 2001 00:38, vous avez �crit :
> Have you actually used mandrake 8.0 already?
>
> Unless you have some good reason to do so, ie not mere
> upgrade-fever, stay with 7.2
>
> Believe me... 8.0 is still "cooker" they just *had* to
> release it for wider testing...
>
> But LVM-wise, I havn't a clue that would help you do the upgrade.
> However, I did try going from 7.1 to 7.2 and it broke BADLY!
>
> Best bet is to reinstall not upgrade.

Olivier Thauvin-CNRS Service Aeronomie
olivier.thauvin@aerov.jussieu.fr
T�l�phone:
01 64 47 43 60 � Verri�res (lundi,mercredi et vendredi)
01 44 27 47 59 � Jussieu (Mardi et Jeudi)

* Re: [linux-lvm] Upgrading to Mandrake 8.0
@ 2001-05-30  9:21   ` Olivier Thauvin
From: Olivier Thauvin @ 2001-05-30  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Mandrake 8.0's LVM have many probleme (ver 0.9)
I've create my LVM and when I reboot vgchange do an Ooops.

I will update to LVM 0.9.1 beta 7 !