linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] device-mapper: thin: 253:2: pool target (4105216 blocks) too small: expected 492672
@ 2016-12-16 22:11 Brian J. Murrell
From: Brian J. Murrell @ 2016-12-16 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

I have a bit of an urgent/emergency situation here unfortunately. �It
seems I have run into this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2016-May/msg00092.html

again, this time on a centos7 machine.

When this happened last time, in this message

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2016-June/msg00003.html

 Zdenek Kabelac was able to give me a fixed config that I could
vgcfgrestore to get access to my thin pool back. �Best would be if I
could get an explanation how to get that fixed config. �But if need be
I can provide that 1MB of the disk to be repaired by somebody
else.��I'd really like to learn how to do this myself though, if
somebody would be so kind.

As soon as I send this I will get that 1MB extracted and posted
somewhere in case it's just easier to provide a fixed config rather
than the how-to fix it instructions.

Many many thanks in advance for being able to look at this. �The
machine that suffered this kind of at the center of everything here.

Cheers,
b.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-12-16 22:11 UTC | newest]