linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] problems with mdutils(raid1) and lvm
@ 1999-12-23 20:10 Torsten Neumann
From: Torsten Neumann @ 1999-12-23 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvm

Hi,

I managed to setup a system with lvm and raid1 on the root volume (using
initrd , SuSE 6.3 )
Now I think of what will happen in case of disk failures. With "normal"
raid1 (say /dev/md0 = /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 ) I am able to mount /dev/sda1
even if ckraid failed. With lvm : vgscan didn't find my vg00 if /dev/md0 is
not present. Therefor I can't recover my system from the remaining disk(s).
Is there a way to activate such a volume group ?
Mirroring is useless if it requires that all disks are sane.

	Torsten

* Re: [linux-lvm] problems with mdutils(raid1) and lvm
@ 1999-12-26 18:42 ` Luca Berra
From: Luca Berra @ 1999-12-26 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvm

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 09:10:19PM +0100, Torsten Neumann wrote:
> even if ckraid failed. With lvm : vgscan didn't find my vg00 if /dev/md0 is
> not present. Therefor I can't recover my system from the remaining disk(s).
> Is there a way to activate such a volume group ?
change the partition type to 0xfe with fdisk

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it
    Communication Media & Services S.r.l.