linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] dlm userspace tool source tarball name format has been changed to dlm-dlm-4.0.x.tar.gz
@ 2019-08-07  4:33 Gang He
From: Gang He @ 2019-08-07  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

Hi David,

Today, I downloaded the dlm user-space tool source code tar-ball from https://pagure.io/dlm.
I found the tar-ball name format has been changed to dlm-dlm-4.0.x.tar.gz, the newly added "dlm-" prefix name is on purpose?

Thanks
Gang

* Re: [linux-lvm] dlm userspace tool source tarball name format has been changed to dlm-dlm-4.0.x.tar.gz
@ 2019-08-07 17:05 ` David Teigland
From: David Teigland @ 2019-08-07 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gang He; +Cc: LVM general discussion and development

On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 04:33:24AM +0000, Gang He wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Today, I downloaded the dlm user-space tool source code tar-ball from https://pagure.io/dlm.
> I found the tar-ball name format has been changed to dlm-dlm-4.0.x.tar.gz, the newly added "dlm-" prefix name is on purpose?

I uploaded a correctly named file to https://releases.pagure.org/dlm/
pagure automatically adds the redundant prefix to generated files.

* Re: [linux-lvm] dlm userspace tool source tarball name format has been changed to dlm-dlm-4.0.x.tar.gz
@ 2019-08-08  2:15   ` Gang He
From: Gang He @ 2019-08-08  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Teigland; +Cc: LVM general discussion and development

Hi David,

If I download the source code tar-ball from https://releases.pagure.org/dlm/, the tar-ball file names looks the same with the before.
If I download the source code tar-ball from https://pagure.io/dlm/releases (e.g. https://pagure.io/dlm/archive/dlm-4.0.9/dlm-dlm-4.0.9.tar.gz),
the tar-ball file name format looks changed.
So, which link is the official dlm release download link?

Thanks
Gang

@ 2019-08-08 14:35     ` David Teigland
From: David Teigland @ 2019-08-08 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gang He; +Cc: LVM general discussion and development

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 02:15:50AM +0000, Gang He wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> If I download the source code tar-ball from https://releases.pagure.org/dlm/, the tar-ball file names looks the same with the before.
> If I download the source code tar-ball from https://pagure.io/dlm/releases (e.g. https://pagure.io/dlm/archive/dlm-4.0.9/dlm-dlm-4.0.9.tar.gz),
> the tar-ball file name format looks changed.
> So, which link is the official dlm release download link?

I'm using the one I uploaded with the normal name.  I'm not using the
one that pagure is auto-generating from tags, which I never asked for.
They should be the same anyway.  pagure is trying to be helpful, and
I suppose it would be if it was naming the files nicely.