linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Re: Linux LVM & Software RAID.
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.10.9909241623500.1163-100000@gatekeeper.zwax.mt g.co.at>
@ 1999-09-24 15:45 ` David Cooley
From: David Cooley @ 1999-09-24 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:29 PM 9/24/1999 +0200, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Just been wondering if somebody does have a working 2.2.12 system that
>does include these features:
>-) LVM 0.7
>-) md-raid0145
>
>Actually, I've tried to do this, but there is a small conflict in
>ll_rw_blk.c. Obviously I didn't solve it correctly, because after mkraid
>on /dev/md0 (RAID5 on 5 SCSI discs), my mke2fs crashed.
>
>So did anybody solve this conflict, or am I on my own?

I don't have LVM, but am running the 2.2.12 kernel with the o824 raid patch
installed against it, and have 2 MD devices configured from 12 SCSI disks
on a Sun Ultra 2.  It's rock stable.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT@bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT@KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-09-24 15:45 UTC | newest]